Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Training course
This course is for anyone looking to learn how to conduct a base-line risk assessment, or further their knowledge in base-line risk assessments and hazard identification.
This course aims to teach the basics and create an understanding of conducting a base-line risk assessment, as well as hazard identification to individuals new to hazard identification and risk assessments, but also to those simply looking to update their, already present, knowledge of the matters.
There are some prerequisites, however, that are assumed to be in place:
- Mathematics Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
Key concepts covered in the course
This course is accredited by Saiosh
- SAIOSH Accredited
- SAQA Aligned
- SAQA Credits = 7
- NQF Level 5
This unit standard is for learners who have to demonstrate the ability to conduct a base-line risk assessment in a workplace. Learners credited with this unit standard will be capable of:
- Explaining the specified requirements to conduct a base-line risk assessment;
- Preparing for a base-line risk assessment;
- Conducting a base-line risk assessment;
- Initiating remedial actions for hazards identified and risks assessed.
The course is divided into 7 sections and 32 lessons. You will be given an opportunity to provide feedback before tackling the Final Quiz.
To pass this course, you will need to complete the Final Quiz with a mark of at least 70%.
Introduction to SHE
Identification of Hazards
Introduction to HIRA
Conducting a Risk Assessment
Managing the Findings of a Risk Assessment
- No prior knowledge of Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment is required
- An active internet connection
- Mathematics Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Communication at NQF Level 4